Your SEO optimized title
Museums in Israel
Largest Concentration in the World
There are more
Museums in Israel per capita than any other country in the world. About 200 museums
exist in all parts of the country, including the major cities and towns and
also in Kibbutzim and Moshavim.
In the following
pages we are mentioning the different museums and we will keep updating their
pages as new developments come up, like new exhibits, new wings and more.
Shrine of the Book home to the Dead Sea Scrolls
- The Israel Museum is the largest and most
important art museum in the country.
- Shrine of the Book is the home of legendary
Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Bible Lands Museum hosts a large collection
of Biblical archeological artifacts
- Tower of David Museum will deepen your
understanding of Jerusalem
- Ticho House, located in the center of the
city is a separate branch of the Israel Museum.
- The Jerusalem Artists' House was the
original site of the Betzalel School of Arts and Crafts.
- Islamic Arts Museum is considered one of
the world’s finest museums of Islamic Art.
- Museum on the Seam presents the events of
the past through multimedia, photography, art exhibits and video, placing emphasis
on co-existence and tolerance.
- The Rockefeller Museum is a branch of the
Israel Museum. Its exhibits are mostly archeology, but visitors also come to
admire the beautiful building itself.
- Yad Vashem
- Menachem Begin Heritage
- Heichal Shlomo Jewish Heritage Museum
- Beit Agnon
- Museum of Underground Prisoners
- Herzl Museum
Museums in Israel
Tel Aviv Museum of Art
in Tel Aviv
- The Tel Aviv Art Museum includes over
20,000 prints and drawings, as well as paintings and sculpture by recent Israel
- The Eretz Israel Museum or Museum of the
Land of Israel contains an entire world of visual, cultural, and historical
- The Nahum Goldman Museum of the Jewish
Diaspora (Bet Hatefusoth), also known as the Museum of the Jewish People.
- Independence Hall
- Etzel Museum
- Lehi Beit Yair
- Beith Hatfutsoth
- Beit Hapalmach
Tikotin Museum of Japanese Art in Haifa
- The Haifa Art Museum has both permanent and
temporary exhibits of modern Israeli and international art.
- The National Maritime Museum relates the
history of Israel as a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
- The Tikotin Museum of Japanese Art was
created to introduce the Israeli public to Japanese art and culture.
- The Hecht Museum at the University of Haifa
includes archaeological artifacts representing the material culture of the Land
of Israel in ancient time.
- Israel Railway Museum
- Israel Clandestine Immigration and Naval
- Israel National Museum of Science and
Yigael Yadin Museum in Masada Israel
Other Museums in
Israel outside the major Israeli Cities
- The Janco Dada Museum is located in the
artists' village of Ein Hod near Haifa.
- Ralli Museum in Caesarea is one of four
museums in the world founded by art collector, Harry Recanati, whose goal is to
support budding contemporary artists.
- The Tefen Industrial Garden contains an
open museum with temporary exhibitions of the work of Israeli artists
- The Museum of Art Ein Harod possesses a
rich collection of Judaica, photographs and graphics.
- Arad Museum of Art in Arad
- Negev Museum of Art in Beer Sheva
- Ashdod Museum of Art in Ashdod
- Israeli Air Force Museum in Hatzerim
- Holon Children’s Museum in Holon
- Yad Lashiryon in Latrun
- Ghetto Fighter’s House in Lohamei Hagetaot
- Masada Museum in Masada
- Museum of Jewish Art in Ramat Gan
- Museum of Russian Art in Ramat Gan
- Beit Hatotach in Zichron Yaakov
For more information visit Israel Tourism Office Website
From Museums in Israel go to Eretz Israel Museum
Go to Bible Lands Museum
Go to Friends of Zion Museum
Go to Rabin Center
Go to Tel Aviv Museums
Go to Tel Aviv Museum of Art
Go to Yad Vashem Museum
Go to Tuchman Israel Guide Home Page
Site Map About Us Share your Story My Blog Contact Us
Copyright Tuchman Israel Guide
2015 - 2019